Guarantee is provided by producer of bitumen tiles UAB „Mida LT“, domiciled at the address: Gamyklos str. 19, Gargždai, Lithuania, herein further referred to as the Producer. Guarantee is provided for UAB „Mida LT“ products bought by the first-tier distributors or Buyers (Final users).
The guarantee is valid only if the period from purchase of bitumen tiles by the final user and installation works does not exceed 12 months. Having installed the bitumen tiles on the roof, the Buyer (Final user) has to fill-in a guarantee card, where the date of performance of roofing works shall be indicated. The guarantee period and the lifespan guarantee period shall be calculated from the above date.
The Producer undertakes to replace 100 % of defective bitumen tiles and to indemnify reasonable expenses of their re-installation during the period of guarantee coverage, if any defects of bitumen tiles affecting the quality of the roofing are disclosed during the specified period depending on the class of bitumen tiles (acc. to Table 1). The Producer will not indemnify for an extra layer of hydro insulation, metal-ware, hydroinsulation, tile removal and disposal, and possible damage to interior of the building as well as property inside the building.
During the period from expiry of the guarantee period until expiry of lifespan guarantee the Producer undertakes to supply bitumen tiles for replacement or to indemnify expenses related with purchase of new tiles if any defects of bitumen tiles resulting in roof leaking are disclosed during the above period.. Amount of compensation will be calculated acc. to extent of tear and wear of bitumen tiles. The expenses of re-installation of tiles shall not be indemnified.
The guarantee shall cover only manufacturing defects in material and quality of bituminous tiles due to the Producer‘s fault. The guarantee shall not extend to any damage resulting from the following:
- Loss incurred due to natural calamities, natural, ecological or other anomalies and Force Majeure circumstances ;
- Inappropriate transportation (except deliveries of the producers goods to the First-tier distributors under DAP delivery terms), storage or misuse of bitumen tiles;
- Installation of bitumen tiles in violation of „Instruction for installation of bitumen tiles“, also in case of improper installation of ventilation , vapour insulation and heating of the roof;
- Damage to roofing due to unqualified performance of maintenance and repair works of the roof;
- Defects in building structure and base of the roof; mistakes in design;
- Changes in colour shade of bitumen shingles due to exposure to the external factors: rain, snow containing aggressive chemicals, activity of biological organisms, etc.
Table 1. Producer guarantee
BITUMINOUS SHINGLE CLASS
|JAZZ||50 years||15 years|
|COUNTRY||35 years||15 years|
|RANCHO||20 years||15 years|
|ULTRA||25 years||15 years|
|CLASSIC||15 years||10 years|
|STANDARD||10 years||5 years|
PROCEDURE FOR BRINGING A CLAIM
1. Having detected an alleged manufacturing defect, contact the Producer‘s Service Centre by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Your claim will be registered and you will be given a reference number of guarantee service when you provide the following information:
- Filled-in guarantee card;
- Filler-in form of the house owner notice;
- Document in evidence of purchase of MIDA LT bitumen tiles;
- Colour digital photographs that would clearly show the alleged defect, general view of the building and surroundings, roof structure, structural elements of the roof.
3. The Service Centre specialists may ask for additional information or samples of bitumen tiles for examination purposes. Having failed to submit the requested information within 30 days, it would be deemed that the customer had no claims anymore and the claim would be cancelled. The customer shall be given a written notice about this decision.
4. The house owner must ensure access to the product referred to in the claim and to the roof where such a product is installed for MIDA LT Service Centre representatives and to allow them to make necessary measurement and to take photographs.
5. MIDA LT Service Centre will examine your claim and will give an answer within 10 working days as of registration of the claim.
MIDA LT Service Centre
Gamyklos str. 19, LT-96155 Gargždai, Lithuania
Tel. +370 656 90810,
Fax. +370 46455167,
DOCUMENTS FOR DOWNLOADING:
Garantinis talonas ("online")
Namo savininko pranešimas